To make an appointment please ring reception Tel: 90713689 /90717843. GP appointments are currently phone triaged.
- Please ensure you let us know if you cannot keep your appointment as your appointment can be used for someone else. If you do not attend on more than three occasions without cancellation you may be removed from the surgery list
- Urgent cases can always be seen on the same day, but not always with the doctor of your choice.
- GP telephone appointments are available everyday. You must phone that morning between 9.00am -10.30am and a receptionist will give you a telephone appointment if available. Due to increased demand there is a limit on the number of appointments that can be given each morning so ring as early as possible.
Why does the receptionist need to ask what’s wrong with me?
It is not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients ‘why they need to be seen’.
Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- the most appropriate medical care,
- from the most appropriate health professional,
- at the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly.
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from reception.
- However if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected.
Online Appointments - OPTION NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
You can now book appointments online. Please note appointments are for the gp's only. You cannot book for medicals, to see a nurse or book an appointment to have blood tests taken.
To use EMIS Patient Access you will need a Practice ID number and Access ID number which can be obtained from the practice, and, in conjunction with a password, will be unique to you. Click on the image below to log in.